Mechanical Engineer- Little Rock, Arkansas
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, plans utilization of equipment, materials, and material handling to improve efficiency of operations. Plans, manages, and coordinates projects and processes using the latest technologies to improve machine utilization and efficiencies of operations by performing the following key responsibilities.
- Initiating drawing changes and machine improvements as needed to improve plant processes and resource utilization.
- Requires use of CAD/ CAM and/ or Solidworks 3D modeling software.
- Communicate changes to all affected associates.
- Analyze process and operational data such as material costs, workflow charts, and shop schedules to determine efficient utilization of employees, tooling, supplies, and equipment.
- Recommends methods for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilies.
- Confers with Maintenance and Staff to implement plans and recommendations.
- Participate in Maintenance improvement projects.
- Work with plant teams to initiate and implement cost improvements in processes and work methods, including capitol projects.
- Assist with presentation of technical reports to management and other interested parties.
- Analyze problems by collecting and organizing data and propose best course of action.
- Assist in training of shop personnel in applicable work instruction and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/ or ability required. Reasonable accomodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/ Experience:Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or equivalent education and/ or experience.
To apply email your resume and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org