Quality Manager- Little Rock, Arkansas
To provide leadership in Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement and Engineering Services by ensuring that the company meets or exceeds customer requirements by developing, improving, and maintaining a consistent methodology for compliance and continuous improvement. Focus areas include the Management of Quality Business System, Production Quality, Supplier Quality, Continuous IMprovement Processes. This position reports to the LR Plant Manager.
- Establish certification procedures with suppliers and monitor certifications to verify componenet conformance to specifications.
- Provides leadership for continuous improvement and overall management of the company quality amangement system ensuring compliance with company requirements on ISO 9001.
- Monitor, develop and track quality related KPI's that drive the business forward.
- Lead cross-functional efforts to develop policies, procedures and work instructions that support the quality system. (i.e., Quality Manual).
- Responsible for training employees regarding Quality procedures and philosophies.
- Validate certification testing to ensure compliance and approval from governing bodies (SAAMI and CIP).
- Work with the Engineering, R&D and Production Departments to improve product designs.
- Responsible for supplier quality.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance areas to audit incoming product, resolve component quaity problems, and maintain capability to verify functionality of components in manufacturing.
- Maintain and/ or improve existing quality programs for in-house and sourced manufactured components.
- Estabish and managee quality improvement programs.
- Develop benchmarks for component efficiency in production operations.
- Reviews quality logs and reports to identify component process errors and possible improvements.
- Supports and promotes the Fiocchi Production System (FPS) processes.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions.
- Bachelor's degree in a related engineering, manufacturing or business area required.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification a plus
- Must have 5 to 7 years management esperience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have 5 to 7 years Lean Six Sigma experience and training. MBB Certification preferred.
- Prior experience with the implementation and use of Statistical Process Control and Advanced Analytical Techniques are required.
- Must have experience in basic metrology and calibration.
- Must have advanced mathematial concept experience such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Understanding of Lean practices, techniques, and methods.
- Understanding and knowledge of natural variation and the application of statistical process control (SPC)
- Knowledge and experience in the ammunition industry a plus.
- Cability to read, analyze, and interpret blueprints and drawings of tooling, components, and finished product.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must have strong leadership and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail/ follow up. Good problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment